General Condition Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all product categories unless otherwise indicated in the category guidelines.
- New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.
- Refurbished: A refurbished product has been professionally restored to working order. Typically this means that the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. The item may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer's or refurbisher's warranty must apply and should be included in the listing comments. Refurbished items are sometimes referred to as "remanufactured."
- Used - Like New: An apparently untouched item in perfect condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact and pristine. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the item or its packaging. Instructions are included. Item is suitable for presenting as a gift.
- Used - Very Good: A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item is complete, unmarked, and undamaged, but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly.
- Used - Good: The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use.
- Used - Acceptable: Signs of wear can include aesthetic issues such as scratches, dents, and worn corners. The item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use.
Books -- New and Used
In addition to the General Condition Guidelines, apply the following guidelines to new and used books:
- New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition. The dust cover and original protective wrapping, if any, are intact. All supplementary materials are included and all access codes for electronic material, if applicable, are valid and/or in working condition. Books with markings of any kind on the cover or pages, books marked as "Bargain" or "Remainder," or with any other labels attached, may not be listed as New condition.
- Used - Like New: Dust cover is intact, with no nicks or tears. Spine has no signs of creasing. Pages are clean and not marred by notes or folds of any kind. May contain remainder marks on outside edges, which should be noted in listing comments.
- Used - Very Good: Pages and dust cover are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine is undamaged.
- Used - Good: All pages and cover are intact (including the dust cover, if applicable). Spine may show signs of wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. May include "From the library of" labels.
- Used - Acceptable: All pages and the cover are intact, but the dust cover may be missing. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting, but the text cannot be obscured or unreadable.
- Unacceptable: Includes missing pages and obscured or unreadable text. We also do not permit the sale of advance reading copies, including uncorrected proofs, of in-print or not-yet-published books.
- First editions and first printings
- Signed, inscribed, or scarce copies
- Advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs of out-of-print books:
- Collectible - Like New: All pages and the cover are intact. The dust jacket is intact, if applicable, with no noticeable or very tiny nicks or flaws. Spine has no signs of creasing. Book may have very small but virtually unnoticeable flaws. List items in Fine condition as Like New. Include condition details in the listing comments.
- Collectible - Very Good: Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. Spine shows no sign of creasing. Dust jacket, if applicable, shows signs of some rubbing or chipping. List items in Near Fine condition as Very Good. Include condition details in the listing comments.
- Collectible - Good: All pages and the cover are intact, including the dust jacket, if applicable. Spine may show signs of wear. Generally, books in Good condition are not considered to be collectible grade.
- Collectible - Acceptable: A readable copy showing significant wear. Dust jacket may be missing. For all but the rarest items, books in Acceptable condition are not considered to be collectible grade.
Music -- New and Used
Used - Like New: The jewel case, cassette case, or album cover has no scratches or scuffing. Cover art, liner notes, and inclusions are in perfect condition. Packaging may have a remainder cut-out, which should be noted in the listing comments.
- Used - Very Good: The packaging, cover art, liner notes, or inclusions may show limited signs of wear.
- Used - Good: The item or packaging may have identifying markings from its owner.
- Used - Acceptable: The item plays perfectly but is otherwise the worse for wear. Packaging and inclusions may be damaged, marked, or missing. Note any missing items in the listing comments.
- Signed, inscribed, or scarce
- Unique characteristics such as special pressings, unusual aesthetics (colored vinyl), or limited edition packaging
- Further detail on condition or completeness of item and packaging
- Notes about the presence of signatures, inscriptions, or other personalization
Video, DVD & Blu-ray Discs
-- New and Used
- Used - Like New: Any codes for digital copies or downloadable content must be included and unused.
- Used - Acceptable: A product with extensive external signs of wear, but one that continues to play perfectly. The box or jewel case may be damaged. The cover art, liner notes, or other inclusions may be marked, or one or all of these items may be missing. The seller must note any missing inclusions in their listing comments. Combination sets may not be listed with missing discs. If a digital copy is missing, this should be noted in the condition notes. Products must be sold with a protective jewel case or box. Sellers may substitute newer packaging when a jewel case or box is damaged, but they may not substitute copied cover art or liner notes for the originals. The video, disc, or packaging may have identifying markings from its owner.
- New - Shrink Wrap is still present if issued with it.
- Used - Like New
- Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
- Used - Very Good: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
- Used - Good: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
- Used - Acceptable: You must note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
- Unacceptable: Video games without essential accompanying material are not permitted. This does not necessarily include the box or instructions.