Ballads & Love Songs 1947-51
Ballads & Love Songs 1947-51 By: Doris Day
Very Good + Condition.( Includes Cd, jewel case, and original artwork inserts.)
Doris is remembered for many things, but love ballads are not usually one of them. Perhaps the best music of this type that Doris recorded is to be found on the twofer Day by day / day by night, but this collection is not far behind - it includes many excellent songs, most of which have been largely forgotten.
The set opens with Darn that dream, one of the better known songs here - it was a #1 hit for Benny Goodman in 1940, with Mildred Bailey as the featured singer.
As far as Doris' own hits are concerned, this set largely avoids them, though it does include Where are you now that I need you (from the musical Red hot and blue) - a lovely song which I hadn't heard before I bought this collection, and which only just made the top twenty.
Get in a romantic mood - pour a glass of wine, turn the lights down low, and play this CD.
- Darn That Dream
- If I Could Be With You (One Hour Tonight)
- It Takes Time
- I've Forgotten You
- My Young And Foolish Heart
- Everywhere You Go
- The Three Rivers (The Allegheny, Susquehanna & The Old Monongahela)
- It's So Laughable
- When Tonight Is Just A Memory
- With You Anywhere You Are
- Land Of Love (Come My Love And Live With Me)
- I'll String Alongwith You
- Got Him Off My Hands (But Can't Get Him Off My Mind)
- I Can't Get Over A Boy Like You (Loving A Girl Like Me)
- You're My Thrill
- A Chocolate Sundae On A Saturday Night
- You Love Me
- I'm Beginning To Miss You
- Just Imagine
- (Where Are You) Now That I Need You
- It's The Sentimental Thing To Do
- Why Should We Both Be Lonely?
- It's On The Tip Of My Tongue
- The Last Mile Home
- You Go To My Head